Sharing is Caring
Hump once again invites amateur filmmakers, porn stars, porn-star wannabes, hotties, kinksters, regular folks, and all other creative types to make short porn films—five minutes max—for HUMP! 2017. HUMP! 2017 films can be hardcore, softcore, live action, animated, kinky, vanilla, straight, gay, lez, bi, trans, genderqueer—anything goes at HUMP! (Well, almost anything: No poop, no animals, no minors.)
HUMP! films are not released online or in any other form. Filmmakers retain all rights. Appearing in a film for HUMP! means getting to be a porn star in a movie theatre—not on the internet.
PREFERED EXPORT: 1920×1080 * 24 frames per second * h.264 video file
- 5 MINUTES MAXIMUM LENGTH
- Entries must be DVDs or video files sent via a cloud link (preferred method).
- 24 frames per second is preferred (but can also work with 23.98 or 29.97)
- Audio: 48k, 16 bit, Stereo
- Codec either Apple Pro Res or H264
A 5 min file with these settings should be able to burn onto a CD/DVD or fit on a flash drive/stick if you don’t want to send via a cloud link.
1. Preferred: digital submission via dropbox or we transfer, etc. To email@example.com. Preferred that you do your own transcoding to h.264 .mov compression 24fps for best results. If your file is over 2gigs you might have to send a physical copy (see below). In your email include a PDF or JPG of one release form and ID copy from ALL performers and a signed entry form.
2. Physical DVD or thumb drive. For DVDs, use a data disk format. Do not send authored dvd’s via DVD studio, iDVD or any other DVD authoring software. Same encoding h.264 .mov 24fps is preferred. Delivered to The Stranger or The Mercury by 9/15 with one release form and ID copy from ALL performers and a signed entry form.
For our folks overseas: convert files transcode for NTSC before uploading if possible.
Any technical difficulty with these instructions: contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must have the rights to the music used in your film. Permission from the original owner or a Music Licence agreement must be submitted with your Paperwork
Need help finding music for your film? Here are a few resources:
2017 Extra Credit
Every year we encourage filmmakers to include one or two special props in their movies. Filmmakers don’t have to use these props—that’s why we call it extra credit—but creatively including these props is a fun way to let HUMP! audiences know you made your film just for them! This year’s extra credit props are…
- Planned Parenthood T-shirt – Purchase Here
- The Statue of Liberty
- Ping Pong Balls
Three first place prizes and one grand prize are awarded at HUMP! — all decided by secret audience ballot. Films may qualify in more than one prize category. This year’s categories and prize packages:
- Best Humor: $2,000 First Prize, $1,000 Runner-Up
- Best Sex: $2,000 First Prize, $1,000 Runner-Up
- Best Kink: $2,000 First Prize, $1,000 Runner-Up
- Best in Show: $5,000 Grand Prize